- The venerable Shorty mid-spike is redesigned with a new tread pattern and sizing
- The Gen 2 Shorty takes lessons learnt betweeen the tape at World Cups and the EWS, to provide greater grip and mud clerance for those times when the trail or track is saturated and spicy
- Revised tread pattern: New knob layout based on feedback from World Cup DH and EWS riders
- Double wide knob now split into two individual knobs
- More supportive cornering knobs
- Additional siping to enhance braking and cornering traction
- Raised ridges on casing to promote mud clearing
- Narrower sizing: New 2.40" width provides more mud clearance and reduced weight is an added benefit (DoubleDown and DH specs 5% lighter)
- A versatile mid-spike for deep loam or loose powder
- Best for Loose, Mud, Wet
- Cornering Control 1 2 3 4
- Rolling Efficiency 1 2 3 4
- Compound: MaxxGrip Compound Technology
- Breaker: DoubleDown Puncture Protection
- Tubeless Tyre
- Bead Type: Folding
- TPI: 60
- Weight: 1136g
- 3C MaxxGrip
- 3C MaxxGrip uses the softest rubber compounds to offer the ultimate in grip and slow rebound properties for unparalleled traction in downhill applications
- DoubleDown / DD
- DoubleDown (DD) is the next step in the evolution of the dual-ply tyre casing for enduro racing. Two 120 TPI casing layers reinforced with a butyl insert provide the enduro racer with the support and protection of a downhill tyre, but in a lighter package
- Tubeless Ready
- Tubeless tyres provide the rider with many benefits: the ability to run lower air pressures, which improves traction; lower rolling resistance when compared to a tube-type tyre; and less chance of flatting since there is no tube. Liquid sealants should only be used in the following types of tyres: Tubeless Road, Tubular, and Tubeless Ready. The use of liquid sealants in any other Maxxis tire will void the warranty
- Wide Trail
- Wide Trail (WT) construction optimises the tyreâ€™s tread layout and profile on today's modern, wider rims. Traditional tyres are designed around older, narrower rims and can create an overly square tyre profile, leading to less than optimal performance. WT tyres are optimized for a 35mm inner rim width but are proven to work over a range from 30-35mm inner rim widths, depending on the riderâ€™s preference
PLEASE NOTE: Image can vary slightly from actual finalised product.
If your order is over £50.00 then the shipping price is FREE
If your order is under £50.00 then shipping is £5.99
All UK deliveries are with Royal Mail or Parcelforce. Normally delivery time is 1-3 working days from time of order.
Domestic deliveries to the United Kingdom are inclusive of VAT
We use Fedex for all deliveries outside of the EU for EU deliveries we use GLS. Our prices start at the below prices but increase depending on the size of the items being posted.
|Antigua & Barbuda||£30.00|
|Bonaire Sint Eustatius and Saba||£30.00|
|British Virgin Islands||£30.00|
|Central African Republic||£31.00|
|Côte D'ivoire (Ivory Coast)||£31.00|
|Democratic Republic of the Congo||£31.00|
|Hong Kong SAR, China||£24.00|
|Macau SAR, China||£25.00|
|Northern Mariana Islands||£31.00|
|Republic of Moldova||£24.00|
|St. Kitts and Nevis||£30.00|
|St. Vincent & the Grenadines||£30.00|
|Syrian Arab Republic||£23.00|
|Trinidad & Tobago||£30.00|
|Turks & Caicos Islands||£30.00|
|U.S. Virgin Islands||£30.00|
|United Arab Emirates||£23.00|
|United Republic of Tanzania||£31.00|
|Wallis & Futuna||£31.00|
VAT is removed for international customers but import taxes may apply on delivery, this value is dependant on many factors and should be checked with your government before ordering.
Price Match Promise
We never wanted to lose business if it comes down to price...
So whenever you shop with us at Velozonee, we promise that not only will you receive top level customer service but the best prices too.
Obviously, we try to be as competitive as possible from the offset but we can't monitor everyone else on a 24 hour, 7 day a week basis so all we need to know is who is cheaper than we are, and we'll change the price online! If you purchase from us and then find the item cheaper after you have received it, let us know and we'll create a voucher for the difference (up to 7 days after receipt)
If you do find a better price than we offer, please contact us at: email@example.com
Please include the following details:-
- Your Name
- Your Order Number (if you have one)
- The Product You have found cheaper elsewhere (title or sku if possible)
- A full weblink to the competitor of the product in question
We will then do the following within 24 hours Monday-Saturday exc. Bank Holidays:-
Check the price match meets our terms and conditions and is valid.
- If the item is valid for price match, then we will change the price online to replicate the competitor and let you know as soon as possible.
- If you have already ordered the item from us, we will send you a voucher for the difference as soon as possible.
Terms and conditions
With 3rd party websites like eBay, Amazon etc, we will only match buy it now prices of products that are still active. We will not match prices of listings that have ended.
We will only match the prices of UK retailers selling in GBP, we do not price match overseas companies.
We will only match absolute like for like products. The competitor must have the exact colour, scale, model as we are listing and MUST be available and in stock. We do not match competitors that don't have stock available.
We cannot beat prices from out of date literature.
Price match guarantee cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers or Velozone Membership codes.
Lowest price guarantee can only be used by UK customers shipping to a UK address excluding the Channel Islands.
We can only price beat genuine businesses and will not price beat illegal or fake websites.
Before you email us, make sure you have found the best price as we will only price beat an item once.
We will price match up to 7 days after we have despatched your order.
Price match promise is applied to the total order value - The product and the delivery charge. For example if a UK retailer is selling a model for £30 with free delivery. We will ship the model to you for £30 including delivery. If a competitor is selling a model for £30 with £5 postage we will ship the item to you for £35.
Where an item is being price matched within an order of multiple items, any non price beaten item’s delivery will be charged at the prevailing rate.
Proof of price is required and this will be checked before the price match is verified.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.